BabyPuncher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BabyPuncher

Cause you know they deserve it.......

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biased

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jarwillie

jarwillie

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Biased Empty
PostSubject: Biased   Biased Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 7:25 pm

I know, I know the last thing we want is to not have a good time. I was going to put a lot of my opinion into this one, and tell you why I felt the way I did. I am just going to keep it simple and see how you feel about it. Here we go... WEEEE

I try to read PSM and Gamepro about every month. Most the times issues are exciting. Well, I decided to pick up EGM the other day. Usually this magazine don't appeal to me, but with all the GTA hype I wanted all the information I could get about this game without searching on the internet and reading lame blogs.

As I started reading threw this magazine, twice they mentioned they don't like to talk about politics. Well, I run into my first sign ofthem being political, but it's a reoccurring thing with video games. That is video game violence. They were talking about how so many people play video games and how really there isn't much violence from the gamer crowd. So therefore games don't cause kids to get violent. Which I can agree with. I doubt some kid is going to play GTA: San Andreas and start getting gangster on everybody and shooting his town up trying to clean the streets then finding some rapper to kill so he can get a fancy mansion.

I flip to the next page, and they start talking about how 6 out of 7 games released in so many X months are "Military" style games. This guy tells us to wake up because before we know it our youth is going to play these games and join the military. So America needs to "wake up" basically saying we are going to be brain washed to join.

Then I read on to an article with David Jaffe the creator of the God of War games. He proceeds to talk about how he wants a game where you are in Iraq and when you put your eye in a peephole you watch American soldiers beheading people, etc. Because, that is what is really going on over there.

Yeah, this is long, and it might bore you, but how does video games not make someone violent, but makes them join the military?

How many 11 year old kids are going to read this magazine and think his brother/dad/cousin is going around chopping peoples heads off?? I am guessing and hope to God we aren't purposely killing innocent people or chopping heads off.

So I begin to wonder, is this new wave of people really brain washing our youth?? is it so much the right-wing conspiracy anymore as it is the liberal left sucking our youth in with brain washing to be anti-military, ?

I hope this came off alright, I think I might have A.D.D. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jarwillie
Learn2swim

Learn2swim

Number of posts : 49

Biased Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biased   Biased Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 12:16 am

Well I believe that both sides would LOVE to have us brain-washed over to their side, though I don't see much evidence of the government brain-washing nearly as much as the "Corporates". That, however, is an entirely different subject. I also don't see enlistment numbers increasing because of military simulating video games. We gamers have a grasp on this thing called reality (sometimes) and in reality there exists this thing called DEATH. We don't like death, unless it's a hooker. Dave Jaffe is an idiot by the way. If he thinks that our soldiers are beheading people, then he is sorely mistaken. That's not our bag, baby. We use radioactive bullets to kill people...not blades.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/forgot2swim
steamdriven
Admin
steamdriven

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Biased Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biased   Biased Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 6:14 am

The idea of videogames influencing tender young minds to do things such as kill,join the military,or molest their sister is rediculous. The same shit has been said about every alternative entertainment in history (comics,rock music,cartoons) and the same results are always that the only people influenced by such things are people that are too stupid to be allowed to cut butter without proper headgear. (those idiots that burned down the house "because" of bevis and butthead for example)

Egm seems to have forgotten the fact that they are A VIDEOGAME MAGAZINE!!! scratch They are not newsweek or time, therefore any and all political commentary is rediculous. You dont read sports illustrated with intentions on beating off to pam anderson! Come on!
Im not really worried about such unwarranted critisizims <horribly misspelled drunken warping our kids visions of the war and the gov't in general. When you were a kid did you care about politics? No. At least i didnt. When i would read about dragonballz or the new devil may cry i never secondguessed my political stance because of what an author said. Lets give the youth of today a-little more credit than that.
Back to top Go down
https://babypuncher.forumotion.com
Disfigurine12

Disfigurine12

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Biased Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biased   Biased Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 11:37 am

That's a good point, they're just a video game magazine. But I agee with what Jarwillie said about younger kids reading these articles. A lot a people say video games affect children's minds but I think the written word is way more affective. I always hate it when people make these bogus statements like America is violence-obsessed country or that Bush is no better than Hitler. I know Bush isn't the greatest president, but he hasn't thrown a group of people in death camps to have them starved and gassed (though some Left-Wingers may say so).

Anyhow I digress. I went to a bonfire some of my old classmates were having and out of the nine of us there six of us are or once were in the military. I can honestly say video games didn't inspire me to join, it was money and not really knowing what I wanted to do with my life.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
jarwillie

jarwillie

Number of posts : 41

Biased Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biased   Biased Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 3:06 pm

Video games is an escape from my reality. I just wish anything with a slight seriousness of the world would stay out of a dang video game magazine!! Smile

I really enjoyed the replies, that was quite radical and I appreciate the thought and intelligence each person put in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jarwillie
Learn2swim

Learn2swim

Number of posts : 49

Biased Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biased   Biased Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 7:13 pm

That's exactly right, J-Man! Video games, for many people, are a digital vacation. There are no real-world consequences for stealing cars or being on the front lines of battle when you do it from your couch. Politics in video games, not a problem as long as it's sensible, but politics in a VG mag? Unacceptable! Their job is to tell us about games, not governments.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/forgot2swim
Sponsored content

Biased Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biased   Biased Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biased
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BabyPuncher :: General retardation :: sigh* democracy-
Jump to: